Sunday, March 2, 2008

So very girley


I found this lovely old beaded purse at an antique market a few months back. I decided a little girl in pink with wonderful millinery flowers would be just the right thing to slip into it. I had so much fun making this that I went on a terror collecting small vintage purses and I am working feverishly to create a whole line of purse dolls. What I love most about these are that each purse has its own personality, wear and tear. I wonder how many evenings out they enjoyed along with their owner. What restaurants and dance halls they frequented and what beautiful gown did their owner wear?
~~~
Watch for witches, pumpkins, santas, angels and more everyday purse pieces coming soon.

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, Colleen...they are just amazing. I just love them...so unique and sweet. Can't wait to see more!

Nancy

Unknown said...

The dollie is precious...and to think about the history of the purses, so neat...I have a few from my great aunts and grandma and I just think they are priceless. Thanks for the memory :)
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I've seen your collection of little purses and now to see them come to life again in a whole new way is fantastic- just very charming.
D.

farmgirlbella said...

The new design is absolutely adorable. What girl wouldn't want a "NEW" purse. Can't wait to see more.

xoxo
Lonnie

Theresa said...

She's beautiful Colleen!!!! The new purse collection of dolls sounds sweet and wonderful...especially the witches and pumpkins. Oh how I love Halloween :)

Hugs,

Theresa

Victorian Lady said...

I love her Colleen! What a great idea! :)

Mere

Sylvia Anderson said...

Fabulous Colleen!!! I LOVE this idea, and your first one is just beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Little Pink Studio said...

Hi Colleen! I have emailed you a couple of times that I accidently deleted your address. Would you please email me again so I can put your package in the mail?
Thanks so much!
~Cerri
yescerri@yahoo.com

Carolee said...

Colleen, she's just beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest of the collection. :)

~ Carolee

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Oh, Colleen, she is lovely!! The purse dolls are such a fantastic idea, I bet they'll all be amazing :)

Pinkie Denise said...

Oh, these little purses are so wonderful, little treasures and lovely ladies, pretty flowers all my
favorite things....Thanks for sharing
Pinkie Denise

Lori said...

Colleen, how very sweet!!! what a darling idea, and so so so pretty!!! i love it!!!

vintagepaletteart said...

OH!!!!!!!!!!! Halloween purses.......I can't wait to see them! Black purses with your pumpkin dolls in them! Colleen, I hope you bring some of your amazing creations for us all to see in person to Pfatt Fest!

Counting the days!
Hugs! *Lori

Missy Sue Hanson said...

Too amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...