Friday, April 1, 2011

Recycle, Repurpose, ReUse

 Recently, my sweet friend Marcia had a newspaper article written about her and her store on recycling.  Ah yes, the beauty of collecting (hoarding) and recycling (creating art with hoarded goods) "stuff".  Marcia decided that in March she would play hostess to "green" art classes.  She asked if I would like to play....and of course I said yes!  So last night we got together and had the most wonderful time making flea market bags ~ re-cycled style.  Five lovely ladies came out to join me.  They designed and mostly hand stitched their bags.

We used old hankies and laces...

buttons and ribbon...



 and even pockets off of shorts that my neighbor girls had outgrown!!




I loved the creativity and the intensity that these gals had, even in the heat.  And I'm not complaining about the heat...at all!!

4 comments:

Dede Warren said...

I can only imagine the great bags that came from your class. Yay you! Nancy and I can't wait to see Marcia's store in September!

Robin Thomas said...

Wow, gorgeous.

Of course.

Also, I love you too.

Cherie Wilson said...

Egads..........the fun never stops. No, never:) And Your addtition to Prims looks stunning dear girl!!

Kim Hanauer said...

Sweet Colleen,
Your flea market totes are just wonderful! You can never have too many! Thank you for packaging my bunny with loving care! She really is a beautiful piece of art. I love everything you do! I`ll be watching for next Sunday`s web sale. So glad I got to meet you.
Have a Blessed Saturday~
Kim :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...